Mexican Fun Salad: Herb Mix, Romaine lettuce, cucumber, black beans, avocado, sweet corn, salsa & tofu sour cream dressing
This might sound silly, but it really does work. After eating all that heavy, baked food from Winter - eating a light, cool refreshing salad will perk up your body, give you a feeling of freshness and help you relax from all of those tightening grains, baked flour products and oily foods you just ate for the past 5 months.
Seriously, this really does work. I ate my first big salad a couple weeks ago and I suddenly felt so relaxed and happy!
Get Skinny Salad: Sweet Dried Daikon Salad with Shiitake Sesame Dressing
- Romaine lettuce
- mixed herb leafy greens
- green or purple cabbage
- raw or blanched carrot
- raw or blanched radishes / daikon
- dried daikon cooked in sesame oil, soy sauce and apple juice
- any kind of cooked seaweed
- chickpeas / black beans / pinto beans
- grilled / pan fried tofu
- soy cheese
- toasted sesame seeds / sunflower seeds / almonds / pecans
Dressings to experiment with:
- Soy Sesame Ginger - soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, fresh ginger juice, apple cider vinegar
- Basic Salad Dressing - olive oil, sea salt, apple cider vinegar (optional lemon juice, garlic powder)
- Creamy Dressing - Vegenaise, sea salt, olive oil, vinegar
- Make your own out of a combination of: sea salt, rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, olive or sesame oil, fresh or powdered garlic, lemon juice, brown rice syrup, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, tofu, umeboshi vinegar
Enjoy feeling refreshed, relaxed and re-energized!