Sweet vegetable drink is a warm, relaxing and mildly sweet drink that is used as a food remedy to offset the negative effects of foods like chicken, eggs and cheese. According to macrobiotics, consuming these foods over the long term can negatively effect the body and cause disease such as hypoglycemia (chronic low blood sugar), which is a condition that affects about 75% of modern society.
This drink has been known to help conditions such as AIDS, Alzheimer's disease, various cancers, diabetes, hypoglycemia, rheumatoid arthritis, mental disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder and many other conditions.
Sweet vegetable drink is very good for softening and relaxing tightness in the body and muscles from heavy animal food consumption. It also helps to relax the pancreas and stabilize blood sugar levels, as well as satisfy sweet cravings.
I just made this drink for myself and when I drank it I felt immediately relaxed and good. It definitely made my pancreas happy AND satisfied my sweet cravings :)
A small cup of sweet vegetable drink can be taken everyday, especially in mid to late afternoon.
* Finely chop equal parts of onions, carrots, cabbage and sweet winter squash.
* Boil 3-4 times the amount of water as all of the vegetables combined.
* Add the chopped vegetables to the water and boil uncovered for 3 minutes.
* Turn down flame to low, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
* Strain the vegetables from the broth (you can re-use them in soup if you want).
* Drink the broth while hot or at room temperature.
This drink can last for two days in you refrigerator. Daikon radish and lotus root can be substituted for carrots and squash.
For more information about food remedies and healing with natural foods, check out the book "The Macrobiotic Path to Total Health" by Michio Kushi and Alex Jack. You can find this book in the "Books I Love" section on my blog.