Tuesday, June 29, 2010

True Food Kitchen

Dr. Andrew Weil's Food Pyramid

True Food Kitchen is a lively restaurant located in Phoenix, Arizona and is jointly created by Fox Restaurant Concepts and Dr. Andrew Weil. They offer a variety of healthy vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options and they are also flexible with substituting ingredients for people with other food sensitivities. They offer organic, local and seasonal produce and wild and hormone-free animal foods.



Much of their menu items have meat, dairy or spices and I have been eating mostly vegan lately, so I got creative. I prefer simple and lightly seasoned dishes, so I ordered my own version of the Teriyaki Brown Rice Bowl: Brown rice, tofu and vegetables with fresh avocado slices on top and no Teriyaki sauce. Their prices are a bit on the higher side, so this outing might be a once in a while splurge.

Check them out:
True Food Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment