We all know sleeping enough, eating well and exercise are the basics for being healthy, but sometimes we also need complimentary wellness treatments to help us function at our best and stimulate deeper healing. Some people consider bodywork or massage to be a special "treat" once in a while, but when you really experience the benefits of regular bodywork, you can see how it can play a key role in your overall well-being.
After being out of the country for an extended amount of time, I realize I had forgotten about the importance of getting regular healing treatments. In previous years I had the pleasure of working at a natural health facility where people practiced shiatsu massage and craniosacral therapy, so I often had regular treatments. I experienced what life was like when my body was really healthy - it was blissful! Since I have been back, I received a free Reiki healing session from a friend, and realized what I had been missing for so long! Getting this treatment was a reminder to myself that regular bodywork and energy healing sessions are important to me and my well-being.
Bodywork and other types of healing treatments can help your body heal faster, release tension, help you deal with stress, help your organs function better and help you resist disease.
Some types of treatments I like are:
- Shiatsu Massage
- Reiki Energy Healing
- Acupuncture (my favorite!)
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Deep Tissue Massage
On another note, often times these kinds of treatments can be very expensive. Even so, you don't have to sacrifice these services! Get creative and find ways to make it happen.
Some ways to get affordable treatments are:
- Ask friends and family members in your area if they know anyone good, then ask the practitioner for a package deal at a reduced rate.
- Meet people through your local natural food store - often times stores have health events and bulletin boards with posting of healers. Find out if healers need someone to practice on and get a free massage or reiki.
- Find people through local Meetup groups. You can find people with similar interests who regularly get together and talk about health, give classes or practice healing on each other. If there isn't a group in your area, then start your own.
- Trade with a healer or practitioner. See what you can offer for a treatment. Maybe you are a great cook, awesome dog walker, or excellent personal shopper.
- Find a local massage or acupuncture school and get treatments at reduced rates. I have done this in the past and have been very happy with the results, and my wallet's been happy too. Here is a place I have gone to in Arizona: PIHMA Clinic Website