Sunday, December 1, 2013

Homemade Facial Moisturizer for Oily Skin


I have this awesome book called The Aromatherapy Companion, which is all about the medicinal uses for using essential oils. This book has lots of information about using essential oils safely and effectively and gives many great recipes for natural skin and body care.

I found a really easy and effective recipe for facial moisturizer for oily skin. I only like to use all natural skin care products and usually have to special order my skincare online. With the cost of the actual product and shipping, the price can really add up! So I decided to try making my own and see how I like it.

After using it for a few days, I notice that my skin is soft, smooth and supple. I like it even better than my expensive moisturizer that I special order!! I am loving how I am saving money and doing something good for my body. Here is the really easy recipe.


Facial Moisturizer for Oily Skin

  • 10 drops niaouli essential oil
  • 5 drops cypress essential oil
  • 30 ml (1 ounce) hazelnut oil
Combine all ingredients in a small dark glass bottle; shake to mix. To use: After cleansing and toning, place a few drops in the palms of your hands and massage or press lightly over your entire face.

I literally only need 2 drops of this oil and use it on my face and neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment