Monday, December 8, 2014

Homemade All Natural Deodorant...That Really Works!

 

Hi Friends,

Life can get busy for many people, and as you can see from my last blog post - which was exactly a year ago, my life is no exception.

As I left off from my last post in 2013, I am once again, getting into essential oils and how seriously powerful they can be in assisting with natural health and well being.

After doing some research, I have decided to start experimenting with creating my own all natural homemade deodorant. This summer I spent 4 months abroad and I ran out of my own natural herbal deodorant. I tried buying something new from the local health food store, and it turned out that it made my tiny bit of body odor even worse!

Now that I am back in America and am making plans to again, be out of the country, I don't want to be dependent on bringing enough deodorant with me. It's time to be simple and make my own. I realized in doing this, that the skin under my arms is very sensitive. Lymph nodes, which are part of the lymphatic system, are located in your armpits. They are part of your immune system and help your body fight off infections and disease. For me, it makes sense to only put pure, all natural deodorant in such a sensitive place, especially when what you put on your skin gets absorbed into the bloodstream.

Through experimenting, I found out that making my own deodorant is really easy!

Right now I am using a mix of organic coconut oil with geranium essential oil mixed in. I use a tiny bit under each arm and I smell like fresh geraniums all day.

I made the following recipe from WellnessMama.com and it also smells great, but my shea butter and coconut oil separated, so I might have to mix it while it cools. But otherwise, it also works well for me.

One of the recipes I made is from this blog here:
http://wellnessmama.com/1523/natural-deodorant/

Here is another very simple recipe for homemade deodorant, with great photos and a very simple but beautiful way to store natural homemade cosmetics.
http://notrashproject.com/tag/homemade-deodorant/

No comments:

Post a Comment