Sunday, July 11, 2010

Real Food? Daily!


I just got back from my first visit to LA's famed vegan organic restaurant, Real Food Daily. My friend and I went to grab a bite to eat and possibly sight some celebrities- Ellen DeGeneres mentioned she likes to eat there a lot. (I love Ellen!) The hype and celebrity status of this place did not disappoint- we had a great time eating delicious Mexican food and dessert, talking to the friendly wait staff and people watching the interesting variety of clientele. This place also happens to be kosher, which makes it convenient for all types of people to eat healthier.

I ordered the Supreme Burrito, which was a huge burrito filled with Spanish rice, black beans, tempeh bacon, cashew cheese, vegetables, avocado, tofu sour cream and ranchero sauce and served with salad. I could only eat half of it- it was so filling! I also ordered the Dream Chocolate Pudding, a thick, rich, creamy and smooth cold pudding that was heavenly.


My friend ordered the El Bandito Rojo, which was pretty much like vegan enchiladas full of richness and flavor, without the cheesy, over-oily heaviness of real enchiladas. It was delicious!

 

I definitely recommend this place if you are looking for fun and delicious healthy food and desserts. They also have a nice cookbook.

Real Food Daily website

No comments:

Post a Comment