I am newly excited about making my own all-natural body care products. Some of the benefits of making my own products are that they are simple and easy to make, I select the ingredients that I know are good for my well-being, and they are much less expensive than natural products in the store or mail order products. Also, they last so much longer!
In the past, I have tested many facial moisturizers. After trying products for years, I finally found a great company that sources all organic ingredients, makes their products in small batches and is excellent quality. I would spend about $40 for a 2 ounce bottle of moisturizer, plus pay for shipping. I would usually go through about 2 bottles per year. That ends up costing about $90 for facial moisturizer for the year. Last year, I made my own facial oil for about $14. The oil I made was so potent, it literally lasted me an entire year! Here is the one I made last year:
Now that I have run out of oil, I decided to try a new recipe. I just ordered some new, very potent therapeutic grade essential oils that I want to test out and I want to use effective ingredients, but don't want to spend a lot of money.
Here is information on the ingredients I decided to use this time:
Apricot Kernel Oil
- Anti-inflammatory properties that can be used to soothe minor skin conditions
- High in Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA), which enables your skin to maintain its moisture balance. Also helps tone and firm up your skin
- Vitamin A and Vitamin E, which slow down the signs of ageing
- Light, gentle, mild and non-irritating, it can also be used for children and babies
- Great for all skin types, especially prematurely aged, sensitive, inflamed or dry skin
- Shelf life of about 1 year, and 2 years if it is refrigerated
Rosehip Seed Oil
- Full of vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids which can correct dark spots and hydrate dry, itchy skin, while reducing scars and fine lines
- Vitamin C and lycopene, which works to repair the skin's surface, restoring elasticity and protecting against sun and pollution stressors that can lead to wrinkles
- Promotes wound healing by stimulating tissue regeneration
Lavender Essential Oil
- Anti-inflammatory and stimulating for the circulatory system
- Anti-fungal and antiseptic. Reduces scarring and speeds healing
- Beneficial for treating acne, inhibits bacteria that causes the initial infection
- Calming and stress relieving properties
Frankincense Essential Oil
- Anti-inflammatory and antiseptic
- Astringent quality that reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Helps scars and after marks of boils, acne and pox on the skin fade at a much faster rate.
- Helps eliminate sun spots and generally tones and tightens skin
- Induces a feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and spirituality. It lowers anxiety, anger and stress.
- 2 ounce Dark glass bottle with a pump or a dropper
- 1 3/4 ounce Apricot kernel oil
- 1/4 ounce Rosehip seed oil
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops Frankincense essential oil
- Pour the apricot kernel oil into a clean dark glass bottle about 3/4 of the way full.
- Pour the rosehip seed oil into the bottle, until almost full.
- Add the lavender and frankincense oil.
- Close the bottle and shake. Enjoy!