Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Homemade Facial Oil for All Skin Types


I am newly excited about making my own all-natural body care products. Some of the benefits of making my own products are that they are simple and easy to make, I select the ingredients that I know are good for my well-being, and they are much less expensive than natural products in the store or mail order products. Also, they last so much longer!

In the past, I have tested many facial moisturizers. After trying products for years, I finally found a great company that sources all organic ingredients, makes their products in small batches and is excellent quality. I would spend about $40 for a 2 ounce bottle of moisturizer, plus pay for shipping. I would usually go through about 2 bottles per year. That ends up costing about $90 for facial moisturizer for the year. Last year, I made my own facial oil for about $14. The oil I made was so potent, it literally lasted me an entire year! Here is the one I made last year:
http://elliesecocollective.blogspot.com/2013/12/homemade-facial-moisturizer-for-oily.html

Now that I have run out of oil, I decided to try a new recipe. I just ordered some new, very potent therapeutic grade essential oils that I want to test out and I want to use effective ingredients, but don't want to spend a lot of money.

Here is information on the ingredients I decided to use this time:

Apricot Kernel Oil
  • Affordable
  • Non-greasy
  • Anti-inflammatory properties that can be used to soothe minor skin conditions
  • High in Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA), which enables your skin to maintain its moisture balance. Also helps tone and firm up your skin
  • Vitamin A and Vitamin E, which slow down the signs of ageing
  • Light, gentle, mild and non-irritating, it can also be used for children and babies
  • Great for all skin types, especially prematurely aged, sensitive, inflamed or dry skin
  • Shelf life of about 1 year, and 2 years if it is refrigerated

Rosehip Seed Oil
  • Anti-inflammatory
  • Full of vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids which can correct dark spots and hydrate dry, itchy skin, while reducing scars and fine lines
  • Vitamin C and lycopene, which works to repair the skin's surface, restoring elasticity and protecting against sun and pollution stressors that can lead to wrinkles
  • Promotes wound healing by stimulating tissue regeneration

Lavender Essential Oil
  • Anti-inflammatory and stimulating for the circulatory system
  • Anti-fungal and antiseptic. Reduces scarring and speeds healing
  • Beneficial for treating acne, inhibits bacteria that causes the initial infection
  • Calming and stress relieving properties
 
Frankincense Essential Oil
  • Anti-inflammatory and antiseptic
  • Astringent quality that reduces the appearance of wrinkles
  • Helps scars and after marks of boils, acne and pox on the skin fade at a much faster rate.
  • Helps eliminate sun spots and generally tones and tightens skin
  • Induces a feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and spirituality. It lowers anxiety, anger and stress.
 
 
Here is a recipe for an all natural facial oil I just made for myself. The essential oils I am using are very potent, so I am not using a lot.

You need:
  • 2 ounce Dark glass bottle with a pump or a dropper
  • 1 3/4 ounce Apricot kernel oil
  • 1/4 ounce Rosehip seed oil
  • 4 drops Lavender essential oil
  • 3 drops Frankincense essential oil

  1. Pour the apricot kernel oil into a clean dark glass bottle about 3/4 of the way full.
  2. Pour the rosehip seed oil into the bottle, until almost full.
  3. Add the lavender and frankincense oil.
  4. Close the bottle and shake. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment